This is not the first time that I have heard of the importance of Roku’s streaming service. However, this is the first time that I realized just how smart James Humphrey was using the service to make the world a better place.
As you may know, it can be very difficult to get your work in front of the right people. Especially in the movie industry. The Writers Guild of America states that 50,000 new screenplays are registered annually, with only 25 spec scripts that were sold in 2020. This may sound extremely discouraging, but that’s where James comes in.
As an indie author, I am aware of just how difficult it can be to take something you’ve worked so hard on and release it into the world, scared to death that no one will see it without going through a traditional publishing company. I was open to new options that I never knew were possible, and before I knew it, my books were selling around the world! The euphoria that came from knowing that I could create something in my own way and it could still be taken seriously and seen around the world is still unreal and indescribable. And that comes from someone who uses their words to describe things daily!
So, when James told me about his channel, I knew exactly what it meant. It meant that people who created cinematic works of art now had the same option to be seen around the world, and not sell their soul to the devil (creative wise). I was ecstatic to learn more!
Individuals with the talent of writing, that peak the evolution of cinematography, and the overall love of acting created Associates Productions. James Humphrey himself had movie dreams he wanted to make a reality, but found several roadblocks along the way. Road blocks that he wanted to remove not only for himself, but for others. Hence the Associates Productions Channel that now streams on Roku!
But how much of an impact does streaming on Roku really have? Check out these 5 reasons why being on this channel will change your life:
1. In August 2021, Roku announced they had 55.1 million active accounts around the world, and continue to grow today.
2. At the beginning of 2020, their New Product Development (NPD) department announced that they had 38% of the market share in the US, and 31% of the market share in Canada.
3. 44% of viewers say they watch less TV because of streaming, and the global live streaming is estimated to reach over $247 billion by 2027. Hello the current battle of all tv streaming channels (ABC, CBS, etc) along with Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, etc. There’s a reason why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of streaming shows right now.
4. In Q1 of 2021 it was recorded that 40% of US households had Roku TVs vs on 29% having Fire TV.
5. People who know what you face to get your hard work out into the world because they’re using it themselves design this channel. A board of suits that barely have time to watch tv, let alone understand the importance of helping new amazing ideas be shared without all the red tape and rejection did not develop it. It was developed and run by people like you, and that’s rare in this day and age.
Think about it…all those eyes searching for new content to watch and finding your work! You would be surprised who those eyes belong to, as well. This is one of the best opportunities that is backed by someone who plans on continuing to use the channel to make his own dreams come true, who will assist you in achieving your goals at the same time without going into massive debt or sell your own body parts just to get a spec of access.
As a business/marketing expert, it’s quite exciting to see someone be so smart with the changing times and making sure they’re helping others at the same time. In fact, if I can ever get my books made into films, this would definitely be the first place I would stop. It’s too good of an opportunity to miss out on!
Leave a Reply